Wednesday 19 June 2013

A Musical Welcome - 19th June 2013

Never one to shy away from shameless self-promotion, I thought I'd use this chance to do a little bit of recruitment.

First of all, I think I speak on behalf of both myself and my co-MD Katherine when I say how we are
excited to be taking on this huge challenge! Which brings me to the reason I'm writing this post, we're looking for people to join us.

Vacancies

Assistant Musical Director
We're looking for a 2013/4 music fresher to come on board with us to help put the show together. They'll be in charge of liaising with the music faculty, recruiting cast and musicians, and any teaching that may need to be done / they'd feel comfortable doing. Both Katherine and I were 2012/3 freshers so there's a history of taking on new musical production team members, and we'd love to have a music fresher on board!

Orchestra Members
What with being in the Nuffield, we're looking at having a 25-30 piece orchestra in the pit, as such, we're looking for the following instruments/instrumentalists:

  • 4 Violins
  • Cello
  • Bass
  • Horn
  • Bassoon
  • 2 Percussion
  • Clarinet
  • Flute
Rehearsals will initially be on Saturday afternoons from 4-6 but this is subject to confirmation. Basically, come along and join us, we're a lovely bunch, and you'd get your own mention on the Wiki (Click Here)

Cast
Obviously, it goes without saying, we'll be needing a cast to fill the stage. The plan is to have a core group of principles, two auditioned choruses (one male, one female) and then a larger unauditioned chorus! Information about auditions, etc, will all be coming soon. 

If you want any more information, email me: MD@LOpSoc.org.uk

So basically, we're all super-excited. It's gonna be a challenge. But, it's gonna be bloody awesome. 

Come join LOpSoc, we're not a cult. 

Your Loving MD, 


No comments:

Post a Comment